What is your marketing accomplishing? One of your goals as a business leader should not…
Creative content is the foundation of any marketing plan— collateral, digital, or otherwise. In order to gain attention and turn those first impressions into business relationships, you’ll need content that not only stands out, but that clearly conveys your message. Finding fresh topics, putting your information into clear words, and advertising your content online can be a struggle, but there are steps you can take to help. Let us lead you through our tips for content creation with our list below!
1. Cover topics in an in-depth, comprehensive way. No matter the subject you’re writing about, ensure that you’re doing so in a thorough manner. Try to leave out vague statements, and do your best to fully explain your thoughts. Leaving loose threads in the topic will make your content appear weaker– if there ends up being some you find later, consider writing another piece or segment to explain the gaps.
2. Write with a mixture of short paragraphs, overviews and detailed content. When you’re writing about something in length, it can help to divide your information into different segments. Try to give clear divides in your content, providing shorter segments alongside your paragraphs, or one-sentence overviews before you approach a topic at large. These shortened segments will help with your flow, and make your information easier to read.
3. Use a range of content formats (text, images, video and audio). When publishing content, sending out constant streams of text can seem monotone. Accompanying your text-based content with images, videos, or even just audio explanations can greatly enhance your website or blog. Having multiple forms of media will make your content more engaging, which can ultimately draw in more attention for your online presence.
4. Use logical document architecture: H1 for titles, H2 for sub-headings. When writing, use typical segment sizing methods. Your largest font face should always be your title, and if you have an overview or a sub-heading, it should be the second largest. The font used for the rest of the piece should be of an average size, typically about 12pt for printed copy.
5. Bring focus to highlighted points through bolding and underlining. Any visible distinction of important points in your copy is a great way to highlight where you want attention paid. It will make it easier for your audience to focus on them, and the visible differentiation will make it easier to read holistically.
6. Use elements like bullet points to provide structure. Bullet points and other list structures break up your copy and create better flow. Using these to form lists will clearly outline the components, but will also provide interesting elements for your readers. For any lists made in your text, these could be incorporated nicely.
7. Adapt the tonality for your target audiences. Depending on who your intended audience is, consider altering your tone. For a younger audience, you may want to take on a more casual, upbeat style, but for a highly-educated, mature audience a conversational but more technical tone may be appropriate. Try to adapt your style to your audience to better gain their attention and understanding.
8. Provide answers to frequently asked questions. By writing about frequently asked questions related to you or your field, you’re more likely to strike the interest of your intended audience. Ask yourself what information they may want to know, and what your expertise could shed some light on for them. Aiming your content in this way can mean your content is popping up under their searches more frequently and can be made more useful for them once found.
9. Use internal links to connect to different areas of your website. When publishing content online, if one of your points relates back to information on a page of your website or another piece of content, use a link to relate back to it. Connecting your content to your website will provide a nice flow of information, but it can also be the ultimate factor that turns a page visitor into an engaged customer.
10. Contact i3 today! Keeping these steps in mind, you’ll have a great start to creating fresh, innovative content. If you have any further questions or have the need for further assistance with writing content, feel free to contact us. We pride ourselves in outputting great content for not only ourselves, but our clients as well! If you want to outsource your content writing, we will be glad to assist you with this as well.